I started Beautygirl24 while studying Human Development and Psychology during my final year of college. I was twenty-four years old, obsessed with beauty products and fashion, and in desperate need of a creative outlet while taking endless exams and worrying about my future. It started out as a simple hobby, just something to do in my spare time. Now it's become a huge love of mine.
I turned 32 this year and have embarked on a new chapter of my life with my husband. He and I met on a blind date when I was a senior in high school, and he's my best friend.
I blog because I love to, not because it's my job. I've always had this insatiable urge to write because I am quite shy in person. Writing allows me to express myself in a way where I feel safe. I'm still learning the ins and outs of blogging and am navigating ways to grow this site, but overall, I like to engage with readers, interact on my social media accounts, and keep this little space simple, fun, and organic.
Some fun facts about me:
- I have a pitbull puppy named Nettie and although she's my most energetic and hyper dog to date, she's the light of my life. We call her our first child. I love animals, all animals.
- Although I don't actually live in San Diego, I visit often. I live an hour north near Temecula wine country. I'm originally from Los Angeles but grew up in Temecula during a time where there was nothing here but a Target and a stoplight!
- The ocean is my sanctuary and I would love to move to the coast one day. I also love visiting my godfather in Hawaii and almost moved there after high school.
- I love food, probably a little too much. I try to eat healthy for obvious reasons, but I don't believe in denying myself. Life is short. Cheese is my weakness. And wine.
- I have struggled with general and social anxiety my entire life. I am a huge advocate for mental health, and I'm honest about my experiences because I think it's a big problem in our country.
- Laughter is the best medicine and humor is a quality I love in others, more so than anything else.
If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to shoot me an email. Beachfirenk[at]live[dot]com. It's my pleasure to have you here!