I've received so many requests asking about my upcoming wedding. I truthfully don't have much to tell you girls. My fiance' and I are just enjoying that wonderful feeling of being engaged!
Here are some things we do know:
1. We haven't set a date, but we do plan on waiting about a year and a half. Once we do set a date, we want to make sure that we have plenty of time to plan our dream wedding.
2. So, our dream wedding combines two things: romance and fun. We don't want to put on some huge production that doesn't feel like us. It's all about celebrating our relationship, so we want our friends and family to feel at home and we want them to walk away from it saying, "wow, that was so them." Make sense?
3. Ideally, we want to get married on or by the ocean. I'm not yet certain what that entails because I haven't started doing any research but my fiance' and I love the beach. We definitely want to get married outdoors.
4. I want lots of flowers and candles at the reception. A lot!
5. I want a very simple yet elegant dress. Strapless would be nice, with maybe a sweetheart neckline.
That's really all I can think of at the moment! Although this engagment has been a long time coming, it still feels like a whirlwind for me. I'm very happy and excited, but also really nervous about planning a wedding. I would seriously appreciate any advice you may have, as I know many of you girls are married :)
Tell me, what do I really need to know?