I was browsing the internet and came across this ultra-lux Chanel bag. I am determined to have my own one day. I adore the leather quilted versions as well. Even a small bag would do! One day...sigh...
At the start of the summer, I went on a hunt in Sephora looking for THE perfect bronzer. I was happy with my Benefit bronzer, but it also came with a highlighter and there wasn't enough of the actual bronzer. I was also satisfied with my MAC MSF in Global Glow, but it was just a bit too shimmery for an all-over bronzer. I wanted something a bit more matte. Enter, the Korres trio I stumbled upon while practically giving up on finding what I was specifically looking for - I can be very picky when I have something dead set in my head! The Korres trio came with a powder bronzer, a tinted moisturizer with an SPF of 30, and also a face primer to keep your look from melting in the hot summer sun. The entire reason for the purchase was really just for the beautiful matte bronzer in Sunglow Light. It suits my somewhat olive, yet still somewhat light complexion. It is exactly what I had wanted. It has manoi oil in it, which makes my skin feel buttery and smooth. And it blends amazingly into the skin, instead of just sort of resting on top and making pores stand out like saucers ;) No one wants that! The Watermelon Tinted Moisturizer and the Vitamin E Face Primer were added bonuses, as the trio cost $28...which happens to be the normal amount for just the bronzer itself! I am so thrilled with all 3 Korres products. They all feel soft on the skin, and they all last throughout the day with no touchups. It can be difficult for me to find products that last, because I have combination skin - oily in the t zone, but dry around my cheeks. I found that these 3 products don't make me look extra oily or extra dry either, which is impressive. I am definitely looking forward to trying more products from this line. I was on Temptalia.com the other day, and guess what? Korres is having a 3o% off sale on their website now through Sept. 15th! Using the code, Temptalia, I decided to purchase the Korres starter kit. It comes with a sampling of many of their best-selling skincare products, such as the Guava Body Butter, and the Primrose eye cream. If you are interested in finding more information about the entire Korres line, I strongly suggest visiting their new website at Korres.com or checking out some great product reviews at Temptalia.com. The products are free of mineral oils, making them suitable for acne prone skin. Many of the products are also organic and feature ingredients that nourish, restore, and protect the skin. So far, I feel nothing but love for this line!
It seems that everyone is doing this tag, and I wanted to join in on the fun :) I love reading these after all.
Shampoo & Conditioner: Loreal Everpure Shampoo in the volumizing formula. I need all the volume I can get! As for conditioner, I am currently using John Frida's Weather Works. It tames frizz in the summer, static in the winter. Brilliant!
Shower Gel: Oil Of Olay Moisturizing Body Wash
Styling Products: This changes all the time, but I'm loving Got2be Smoothing Lustre Lotion and Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray
Body Lotion: Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel...this only comes out around Christmas time, but I buy five bottles to stock up! This stuff smells like cake batter <3 Deodorant: Secret Clinical Strength
Fake Tan: None!
Skincare: I use Clinique and Neutrogena products. Korres very soon, as I am waiting for a package in the mail. More on that in my next post!
Primer: Korres Vitamin E Face Primer
Foundation: Clinique Perfectly Real Liquid Makeup
Foundation Brush: I actually don't use a brush. I use the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge...or my fingers.
Concealer: Prescriptives Site Unseen
Powder: Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder
Blusher: I have quite a few that I adore! I guess the one that I reach for the most lately is MAC's Improvise Mineral Blush
Bronzer: My HG bronzer that I will never stop using ~ Korres Monoi Oil Bronzer
Highlighter: Benefit's 10
Eyeshadow Base: UDPP
Eyeshadows: MAC Starflash shadows in Style Snob, Grand Entrance, Glamour Check! Also Satin Taupe and Dazzlelight
Eyeliner: Loreal HIP Cream Liner, Clinique Quickliner in New Black
Curler: The miraculous Shu Uemura Lash Curler. Resisted buying a 20 dollar lash curler for many years, but I finally gave in a few months ago and I am a believer!
Mascara: CoverGirl LashBlast or Loreal Beauty Tubes
Lipstick: All by MAC ~ Blankety, Viva Glam 5, Way to Love
Lipgloss: Current Favorite is NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Smokey Look. But I'll always love my Fashion Scoop Cremesheen glass!
Nail Color: Sephora by O.P.I. in Call Your Mother and O.P.I. in I Pink I Love You.
What products are you using? I would be curious to find out
Is this possible? My 13 followers are so amazing, and I am humbled that I even have 13 people who enjoy my blog enough to follow me! I am so new to this world, and I am still trying to get my bearings. This award was presented to me by the beautiful catanya at http://catanyasthings.blogspot.com/
I would like to pass the love on to these fellow bloggers:
I have been obsessively keeping up with my fashion magazines as of late, and while browsing Barnes & Noble's vast selection of In Style, Glamour, and People, I have come up with a list of trends that we will all be seeing in stores this Fall. Here are my favorites:
* Ruffles - I am most excited about this, because I love the femininity of ruffles * Bold color - Red, purple, even neon pink! Not sure if I can pull off the last one * Lace - On everything from cardigans, dresses, and even accessories * Vintage inspired jewelry - Fashion always looks to the past * Animal print - I recently bought a leopard print cardigan * Platform shoes - Much easier to walk in without toppling over!
These are just a few key pieces that I noticed in all of the magazines. Of course, i always say "Wear what makes you happy." Or, pick and choose from the trends that you like and are the most comfortable in.
So I did a little shopping yesterday and wanted to share with you guys what I picked up. Everything was quite inexpensive, except for one item. I'll share that with you last. If anyone wants a review of any of the products I mention, let me know and I will be more than happy to. I have yet to test out anything though, but I definitely will soon! ok, onto my little shopping spree:
I went to Ulta because I had a coupon that allowed me to take off $3.50 from any $10.00 purchase. They were also having a buy two, get one free for many drugstore makeup brands. I chose NYX because I have heard a lot of great things about their cosmetics, and I wanted to give them a try.
I got a lipstick in Ceto, an eyeshadow trio in Lake Moss, two jumbo eye pencils in purple and pots and pans, and a lipgloss in Smokey Look.
*Smokey Look lipgloss, Ceto lipstick*
*Lake Moss eyeshadow trio* NOT Happy with these...they all look black!
*Jumbo pencils in purple and pots and pans*
I am excited to try these products. What is your opinion of NYX Cosmetics? I like how inexpensive everything was. I am also extra excited about the lip products. They feel so good on!I plan on wearing Smokey Look with a smokey eye ;)
I also bought a Sally Hansen eye trio in Amethyst. These purple colors are so wearable and pretty. Then I got a Maybelline eyeshadow quad in Velvet Crush. This is the first time I have bought eyeshadows from Maybelline, and I am looking forward to creating different looks with just one pallete.
*Velvet Crush quad*
While at Ulta, I decided to get some hair products. I bought the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray to protect my hair from the heat of my blowdryer and flat-iron. I also bought the Smoothing Lustre Lotion from Got2be. It smells like candy! I hope these products do what they claim to do.
Now on to my last favorite purchases! I stopped by my mecca (Forever 21) and bought THE PERFECT dress for my upcoming 25th. It isn't something I would normally gravitate towards because it has a print! Imagine that! But it is just so fun and flirty. It reminds me of a hot Miami night!It is a strapless chiffon dress with tiers of ruffles cascading down. It is so colorful, I think it will be perfect for my special night out in a few weeks. I plan on wearing it with gold accessories. Sorry for the poor lighting.
And lastly, I went to Nordstrom and bought the cutest little silver bow necklace from Juicy Couture. I am so in love with it!
I am slightly new to MAC, although I have picked up an eyeshadow here or a lipgloss there over the years. But it wasn't until a few months ago that my little obsession started. I missed out on the starflash collection last year but I was able to give the shadows a try with MAC's newest collection. When I swatched them at the counter I was immediately impressed! The texture of these are unlike any other eyeshadow I have ever used. They feel so incredibly buttery, almost like cream shadows rather than powder. The color payoff is great as well, and coupled with my UDPP, they stay on all day long without any creasing whatsoever. And I have oily lids, so staying power is sometimes tricky for me. I wish all of MAC's shadows had the same consistency. These are my new favorite, and I have been wearing them almost every day since I bought them a couple weeks ago. I purchased Smoke and Diamonds, Glamour Check!, Style Snob, and Grand entrance. They all are such versatile colors, and they compliment each other nicely. I am tempted to go back tomorrow to get Fashion Groupie(a vibrant purple) but it is very similar to Satellite Dreams and that one has been on my birthday list forever! So we shall see...
*Smoke and Diamonds* Silvery/Grayish Taupe
*Glamour Check!* Reddish Brown
*Style Snob* Plummy Taupe
*Grand Entrance* Creamy/Off-White
WHILE WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT OF MAC...I am doing Project Back To MAC! I have five items that I am trying desperately to use up, and I know you need six. Unfortunately my beloved Cremesheen lipglass in Fashion Scoop is on that list. But I have backups, woo-hoo! I am the type of person that keeps my makeup for years, so this project is somewhat difficult for me. But for sanitary reasons, and also because I want more space for new products I am going to do my best with this. I am also going to lay off the next couple of collections...MAC comes out with one every week it seems! There are a few items from their permanent line that I'd like instead. Plus, I want to branch off and explore other brands. Wish me luck!
*From left to right: Fashion Scoop, Kitty Couture dazzleglass, All That Glitters shadow, Blankety l/s, cherish l/s. I need one more item to use up!*
I was tagged by Christina/lipstick fever and also Lip-gloss gossip over the weekend! Thank you girls, I just love doing tags and I am so pleased that you both are actually thinking of me. So the first tag is called 11 happy things and I will list them below:
1. Blogging makes me happy because I can channel both my creative side, and also my love of fashion and beauty. Before I started blogging, I had to keep my shopping addiction a secret! Now I know that I am not alone ;)
2. My puppy Lucy always makes me happy! She is a rescue dog, and a mutt! I would show you all a picture, but Lucy isn't very photogenic so i'll spare your eyes. But she's a very sweet, loveable little dog.
3. Forever 21 is my holy mecca. I cannot set foot in that store without buying something, even if it's just a piece of jewelry. I love how rapidly their selections change, although that can also be a downside because I feel like I have to go take a peek in there every week!
4. Food! I looooove food! All types at anytime of the day or night! If I could eat whatever I wanted and didn't have to worry about packing on pounds I would be the happiest girl on Earth! But then again, I think we all would be.
5. Reality television. The more ridiculous and the more mindless the better. It is such an escape, and I must confess that it sometimes makes me feel more at peace with my own life. At least I'm not competing for some moron's affection...The Bachelor comes to mind ;)
6. Youtube. You already know that I am a youtube junkie. All the makeup gurus make my day, and they inspire me to venture out a little with my makeup routine.
7. My friends always put a smile on my face. I have known my close group of girlfriends for years now, and we have all watched each other change and grow. We love to get together for dinner and drinks and recount "the good old days," back when we were so young and naive!
8. Coffee! Starbucks is another one of my many weaknesses, and I really can't help myself but to drive right around the corner and grab an iced chai or a vanilla latte.
9. The beach. I feel like I am repeating myself here, but there is nothing more relaxing then a day spent in the sand under a bright sun. It just heals my worries away.
10. Fashion, shopping, putting looks together.
11. Lastly, but certainly not least, my boyfriend. We met 6 years ago on a blind date and I haven't been the same since! He's my best friend and the one person who can make me happy no matter what crazy mood I'm in ;)
I tag ANYONE to do this! It's actually really enlightening to put down the things that make you happy...I'll have to refer back to this one when I'm having a bad day!
Now, on to the second tag by the beautiful http://lipgloss-gossip.blogspot.com/
It is called the MeMe tag. The rules of this one are:
1. Acknowledge the person who sent you the award.
2. Nominate 7 other blogs.
3. Share your 7 personality traits so we can get to know you better.
So here are my 7 personality traits:
1. Caring. In fact, somtimes I feel like I care a little too much! I always want the people around me to be happy, comfortable, and loved.
2. Trustworthy. My friends know that I will keep their personal information that they share with me private.
3. Prompt. I am never ever late for anything! Never! I think I am a little OCD about it, but my parents instilled this trait in me at a very early age and now I am stuck with it!
4. This is a bad trait to have, but I tend to be anxious a lot of the time. I worry compulsively about almost everything, and I always have to remind myself to breathe and just relax already!
5. Giving. There is nothing that matters more in life than to help others and to give some of your time and love to the people you come into contact with.
6. Fun. I am usually pretty shy and mild-mannered, but I do like to try new things. I open up very easily once you get to know me, and I love to go out and have fun and enjoy life.
7. Non-judgemental...who am I to judge someone else's life?
~ I am supposed to nominate 7 other people, but I want to tag anyone who reads this! Go ahead, it's fun!!
I am almost positive that I am not the only girl who feels this way. Shoes are great because they can really change the whole look of an outfit. You can dress up jeans with high stileto pumps, dress down a skirt with flat sandals, and add a pop of color or print to a plain outfit. I do this a lot with my shoes because I wear solid, simple clothing most of the time. I just wanted to share with you my top five favorite shoes:
These black Jessica Simpson round toe pumps are my all-time favorite! I wear them with skinny jeans and dresses. They are a bit scuffed at the toe, I have worn them so much! They are the most comfortable pair of heels that I own, and I never have to worry about getting my feet cut up after an hour of walking! I also love the forties vibe of round toe shoes
These are my leopard print wedges by Guess. They have cute little bows at the toe, which make them even more adorable. There is nothing I regret about buying them. I always feel so fun and flirty when I wear them with a black dress. Can I tell you how much my boyfriend loves them? ;) I think there is just that one pair of shoes that makes a girl feel so confident and happy. These are those for me!
I recently bought these at Payless a couple weeks ago. I was on my "no shopping" rule, but my friend wanted to go to the outlets and when I saw these purple suede shoes, I had to break my own rule! I cave so easily ;) I have yet to wear them, but I plan on doing so very soon. I love the ruffle details, and the color will be perfect for fall.
My second pair of Jessica Simpsons are a little scary. They are soooo tall! I am only 5'2, but I feel like a foot taller in these! They are really difficult for me to walk in, so I have officially reserved them as my "dinner shoes." I only wear them out to dinner, when I know the restaurant is a short walk away. I know it's silly, but I consider shoes art. I just love looking at this pair. They are so pretty.
I can't talk about my favorite shoes without mentioning flip-flops of some kind. I live in flip-flops, especially this time of year! They are so easy to just throw on with everything. This pair is nice because of the rhinestone detailing. They aren't basic by any means, but still comfortable.
I usually do not post new blogs on the weekends, and I was away from my laptop for a couple days to enjoy the beach with my boyfriend ;) I woke up this morning and immediately checked the blogs. I was so happy and humbled to discover that I was tagged and awarded by the lovely Lip Gloss Gossip! If you haven't already checked out her blog, it is http://lipgloss-gossip.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much! I am so happy that you enjoy my blog! The rules for this tag/award are:
1) List 5 current obsessions
2) Pass the award on to 5 more fabulous blogs
3) On your post of receiving this award, link back to the person that awarded you
4) Link your 5 winners and let them know that they have been awarded
So here are my 5 current obsessions:
1)YouTube! It was through watching several girls on YouTube doing makeup tutorials, reviews, and hauls that inspired me to start my beauty and fashion blog. I stumbled into this world of makeup by accident, although I have always enjoyed fashion and shopping. I really had no idea that this whole YouTube makeup subculture even existed! I am so hooked now... and everybody knows it ;)
2) A show on Bravo called Miami Social. Extravagant lifestyles, a beautiful backdrop, gorgeous people, drama, gossip, steamy relationships...what's not to love?! It is a total guilty pleasure, and I have to admit that I'm actually embarassed by this new Tuesday night obsession. It is just so different from my own lifestyle, and I can live vicariously through this group of Miami socialites.
3) Colorful accessories. I tend to gravitate towards solid clothing colors, especially black, white, cream, navy, teal, and purple. But I love experimenting and playing with bright, colorful cocktail rings, earrings, scarves, and shoes. They can really liven up any outfit!
4) The beach. I live in Ca, and the best part of living where I do is that the beach is only a short drive away. I live for the ocean. My first trip to Hawaii to visit my godfather was when I was 5 years old, and I have been obsessed with sunsets, sunrises, plumerias and hibiscus flowers, and the ocean ever since. I cannot get enough!
5) Of course, blogging! I am so happy that I decided to start my very own blog. I love to write and I love makeup and fashion...now they go hand-in-hand and I am so appreciative to my readers. You are all beautiful and so sweet!
The people I tag and award are:
~ Honorable mention, because I love her blog and she was I believe my first follower:
I am currently loving hot pink for summer. I finally have a tan, and pink tones seem to really pop on my newly acquired golden skin. I say this because I am very fair during the winter months...you guys will see! Last week, I painted my nails a bright, vibrant pink. I used Nic's sticks by O.P.I. in the color "cram for an exam." Also loving the fun name! If you aren't familiar with Nic's sticks, it is a polish that is dispensed from a pen, rather than the traditional bottle. This was my first time trying polish from a pen, and I found it very easy to apply. You simply push the bottom of the pen and the nail polish comes out onto the attached brush at the top. It's a bit messy, and I wish the brush wasn't so flimsy but I still like the concept and I plan on buying more. But that's not my rave - the hot pink color is! Look how it stands out
Not only is hot pink, well HOT on the nails, but it also looks good on lips too. I have been wearing MAC's Viva Glam 5 lipstick paired with MAC's Eclectic Edge lipglass from the Colour Craft collection. Now, this combo sort of changes with certain lighting. At night, the colors look more purply-pink, and that is also gorgeous. But during the day, this lip combo gives a pretty and fun hot pink tint to my lips. I have been wearing this almost every day.
I decided to do a smokey eye, but it is very muted down for day. Later at night I can add more carbon eyeshadow to intensify the look.
Products used: FACE ~ Korres watermelon lightweight tinted moisturizer ~ Prescriptives site unseen brightening concealer under the eyes ~ blush from Jane cosmetics called soft mink 01 ~ Korres bronzer in sunglow light
EYES ~ UDPP ~ MAC smoke and diamonds from the new love that look collection all over lid ~ MAC copperplate in crease ~ a tiny bit of carbon in the outer corner ~ MAC scant eyeshadow as a highlighter in tear ducts and brow bone ~ Revlon eyeliner in brushed pewter ~ Loreal beautytubes mascara
LIPS ~ MAC blankety lipstick ~ MAC tendertone in hush hush
* I hope you'll excuse the poor lighting in these pics. My eyeshadow looks way more vibrant in real life. I need a better camera! I wish i had one of those high definition ones! My boyfriend's brother has one and it's amazing. So until I am lucky enough to buy another camera, please bear with my lighting and close-ups ;)
I am drooling... I went on Temptalia.com and saw the new fall collection for Tarte cosmetics. I better start saving, because this femme fatale pallete has my name all over it! Go check out Temptalia's website if you haven't already. It's a makeup lover's dream <3
Nothing too exciting, but let's take a peek!
This purse is so roomy. I love the caramel color too, very cute for summer. I actually bought it at Old Navy for twenty dollars!
I love the hot pink lining:
Here is my purple wallet from Forever 21, a pair of earrings that I wear a lot, a couple of gold bracelets, and my keys.
I love to read, and Burned is my newest novel for summer. I also carry my checkbook and a movie stub from seeing "Funny People" this past weekend with my boyfriend. I used to collect all the stubs from our date nights, but there were just too many to save so I have since stopped doing that.
Here is my makeup bag from MAC's Graphic Garden collection. I love the print! Although the white rose bag from the other brush set was a bit cuter in my opinion ;) I also have a body spray from V.S. and their moisture salve that I raved about in a previous blog.
Here are the contents of my makeup bag...can you tell I have a love affair with MAC Lippies?
Another easy, very natural look! Products used: ~ Foundation: Clinique perfectly real makeup ~ Cheeks: NARS orgasm blush ~ Eyes: Bare Escentuals eye glimmer in "Queen Tiffany" all over lid, MAC Naked Lunch as a highlight, Clinique Quickliner in New Black, and CG Lashblast mascara ~ Lips: Cherry Chapstick ~ Korres bronzer in "Sunglow Light" all over face and down the neck
* My next look will be more fun, I promise! The hot weather calls for less makeup, so I have been using very minimal products lately