Since the year is quickly coming to an end, I wanted to showcase some of my favorite style moments of 2016. I'm no Rachel Zoe, so I guess having a "style moment" sounds silly, but hey, that is why most of you stop by right?
This year, I definitely was a repeat offender. I wore so many pieces over and over again - I have found that having a smaller selection in my closet helps me get ready in a pinch, and I know that everything fits relatively well (with the exception of a few things that are too snug but can't let go of just yet). It's hard being a style blogger today and NOT giving in to every sale, promotion, or outfit that another blogger is wearing, but I'm at the point where having too much clutter isn't good for me. I don't want to rely heavily on possessions to make me happy; rather I'm working towards finding that within. It's a novel concept. Although I love having this space to share my finds, I think it's important to take it with a grain of salt. I know you understand.
Laura explains this better than I can.
Anyway, some discoveries of keeping a style record in 2016:
1. Favorite color combinations
- Blue and white
- Olive and white
- Red as an accent
2) I really like black pumps. I own four different pairs.
3) I have about ten pairs of jeans in my closet, but really only wear half of them regularly.
4) Little dresses are my "thing"
5) Little bags are also my "thing"
6) Fit and flare styles flatter my body best, since I'm slightly smaller on top than I am on the bottom.
7) I wear the same sunglasses too often! I promise I have eyeballs. I think most of you know that but I'll try to skip them more often in the future.
8) My style is really simple, bordering on...boring?
I plan on doing a round-up next week of my favorite beauty finds this year, so stay tuned for that! I also have a few more outfit posts planned. I just wanted to get this up before things get too hectic! Have a Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, and I'll see you back here on Monday.