5.25.2016



If you've been reading my blog for a couple years, you know I went through a midi skirt phase. Need evidence? Check here, here and here. I thought it would be a passing trend, one that I tried because of how undeniably feminine it looks and sort of a throwback to a different time in fashion history. In fact, I almost decided to get rid of this icey blue gem because it had been sad and lonely hanging in my closet. What was I thinking? This is one instance where I can pat myself on the back because I would have regretted doing such a thing. I love the midi skirt. It may not appear the most practical, but I don't really care. Sometimes you just have to go back to wearing a piece of clothing that evokes happy memories, and this is one of those for me.







Wearing //
Forever 21 crop top, similar. Love this
Topshop midi skirt, pretty option
Asos pumps, similar
Loft silver bracelets




Now I'm going to do something different today! I'm linking up with Mel, Shay, and Sheaffer and answering some questions for "what's up Wednesday".

1. What I'm eating this week:
Well considering my brother-in-law's wedding is this weekend and I'm actually IN the wedding, I'm on my best food behavior. Lots of leafy greens, lean proteins, and water. I just don't want to feel bloated on Sunday when I put on my bridesmaid dress. I'm sure I'll find something to bitch about.

2. What I'm reminiscing about: 
I miss college. I graduated in 2010, but every year around graduation ceremonies, I get nostalgic. That was just such an important time in my life. I remember feeling terrified of entering the "real world". I'm a perpetual student, so I have finally decided that I'm going to get my Master's degree in writing. I want to be a copy editor. It's time to stop wasting my energy and start living my dream. I'm done denying the things that I truly want just because it wasn't my original plan and it isn't the field I currently work in. Life is too short to be doing something that looks good on paper but that ultimately doesn't fulfill me. I love helping others and I will always try to in my daily life, even through this blog. But if I'm not happy, how can I best serve others?

3. What I'm loving:
Daily text messages and private snaps between my best friend and I. We get each other through the week, and we keep each other in a positive state of mind. Or at least we try to! I'm also loving that Gina and I keep in regular contact as well. She's quite possibly the nicest person I've ever met.

4. What we've been up to: 
Nate and I are not only preparing for the wedding this weekend, but also family events, making sure the house gets cleaned for the groomsmen to stay the night before the wedding, and planning our last minute details of vacation. We leave for Hawaii on June 8th and there are still some loose ends. Pray for me :)

5. What I'm watching: 
ID network and Bravo's Real Housewives of NYC. Is it me or are those women even more eccentric than ever! The show cracks me up, mainly because I can't wrap my brain around some of their drunken shenanigans. It's absolutely my guilty pleasure.

6. What I'm listening to:
Um, everything! Music gives me life. Classic rock like Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, The Eagles. Alternative rock like Rise Against and Cold War Kids. And of course, my mellow boys like Vance Joy and Jack Johnson. I'm also really loving a song by The Lumineers called Ophelia.

7. What I'm wearing:
Denim, sweaters, and flats. It's pretty mild this week, but when the wind kicks up, I get chills. I think June gloom has hit us early because this has been a pretty cool month weather-wise.

8. What else is new: 
I have a couple friends that are going to fill in for me here while I'm on vacation! I hope you'll leave them some good feedback because Katie is starting her own blog and Nicole already has one that I recommend. Honestly all I can think about is Hawaii right now so that has taken over my brain and I'm getting so excited! Nate's friend/business partner is going to stay with Nettie for the nine days we are gone, and I'm nervous. I feel like my dog is my child, and I have the jitters about leaving her behind. I know she'll be fine, but I hope he can handle her craziness!

I hope you ladies enjoyed this! Let me know if you'd like to see more of these, maybe once per month.

12 comments:

  1. I am glad you kept that midi skirt. I love it - it's beautiful. That color is unique and really chic! Love the texture too.

    Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you are able to fit into your bridesmaid dress. I couldn't fit into mine and well it ended HORRIBLY!

    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so glad you kept this skirt! It's gorgeous!! And I'm crazy jealous of Hawaii! Between that and the wedding, I'm sure you me head is spinning. Good luck! Can't wait to follow along! (Hopefully you snap!)
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you played along this month! It was so fun to read your answers and you are way too kind to me. YOU are just the nicest person. :) It's also been fun to see in person that in addition to your sweet side you also have a very FUN and lively side when you cut loose! I don't think that shows through as much on the blog, although it does a little on snapchat! Oh! And glad you kept the midi skirt! It's such a pretty color and very flattering on you!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. (I hope my first comment went through?) I forgot to say KUDOS on going back for your Masters!! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm blushing at your kindness :) I've been researching programs all day! Trying to start in the Fall. I'm excited though! Time for change.

      Delete
  6. You know I am a total fan of anything midi! This skirt looks so great on you, and I love the color. Fun to have your questions and answers. I always love learning what my blogger buddies are up to. Your wedding this weekend sounds like fun. I have NOT been eating healthy this week... sigh. So excited to see pictures from Hawaii!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies! I hope you're enjoying the lead up to a long weekend and Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Skirt

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    www.rimanerenellamemoria.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. love reading about what you're up to, love this skirt and I cannot wait to go to Hawaii.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color and texture of your skirt..have so much fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That icy blue skirt is so timeless - I'm glad you didn't get rid of it! So impressed with the big life decision you're making re: your masters. It's hard to make a big change - but writing about it and committing to it is such a positive step - and v inspiring too <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every one, and do my best to answer questions or return the favor on your blog.