So here are my goals for this year as far as my spending habits/style/ are concerned. I also mentioned a couple of them in this post.
1) Pay more attention to the details.
2) Don't protect or save designer goods for the closet shelves. Wear them!
3) Don't just buy something because it looks great on someone else. Most girls I follow are actually quite a bit taller and thinner than I am, so just because a skirt or jacket looks like a million dollars on her doesn't mean that it will translate on my body.
4) Only buy multiples of things I have purchased before and have worn and loved!
5) Factor in cost per wear, and don't buy things just because they are on sale or at a "fast fashion" store. Invest in beautiful, timeless pieces instead of trendy items.
6) Quality over quantity.When in doubt, put it back on the rack. Tailoring can be an option, but only if the adjustment is minimal and only if I love everything about the actual piece.
Since January first, this is what I have purchased.
Express floral kimono (check stores) and mesh lace kimono
Elizabeth Stone Jewelry (ring, bracelet, long druzy necklace, short druzy necklace) and Anthro bracelets (here I am just wearing one of three)
What's on my wishlist for Spring and Summer:
1) More maxi dresses, at least two. I want one in white and one very colorful maxi, possibly even another print!
2) White skinny jeans and shorts
3) Simple tees that are soft and of great quality (meaning they won't shrink or look like hell after a few washes).
4) A new bathing suit
5) A denim jacket
I'm sure I'll add to the list at some point, but I really want to stay as true to this one as possible because these are things I actually do need. I'll keep you posted as the year goes on, and will update this just as Rachelle does on her blog.
How are your shopping habits going so far this year? Are you spending less or more?