9.18.2014







Wearing //
Borrowed clutch, gorgeous option
Baublebar Earrings, similar here and here
J.Crew bracelet, identical




I only had one thing in mind for my birthday party last Saturday - white! I needed another excuse to pull out my favorite dress, and what better time than during a heat wave? Okay, so that part wasn't planned, but once I set my mind on THE 30th birthday party dress, I knew I had to brave the elements no matter how painful it was. It really wasn't that bad actually. Yes it has sleeves and is constructed of a thicker fabric, but it breathes surprisingly well for such a substantial dress. I borrowed my best friend's bronzed clutch, which I secretly plotted to keep for a while. Funny story: her hubby asked her at one point during the night if she was formally gifting it to me, and she gave him the side eye. That would be a no. Darn! I don't blame her, it's a gorgeous clutch! It mixed so well with my silver d'orsay pumps and golden jewels. Remind me to mix metals again please.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Perfect choice for your birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! You dress is the perfect dress for a b-day girl! And you mixed all the metals together perfectly! That clutch is totally worth trying to steal from your friend :)

    http://www.kaciesklosetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo gorgeous! I love the mixed metallics.

    xo, Angela

    www.angelabyday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful! Loving the mix of silver and gold, amazing!

    Brooke
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Lol at your friend not wanting her stuff to be volunteered for donations! But at least she was nice enough to loan it to you because it does look awesome with your birthday dress. And those pumps are killer! Perfect birthday choice!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect outfit for your birthday weekend. Love the mixed metal accessories. Too funny about your friend. Every time I see these shoes I think how much I want them!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday day, you're a virgo like me and we have the exact same dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! And of course your outfit is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!! Yes, the most perfect occasion for a little white dress, and I love all the metallics. Sorry you will have to give back the clutch, but a good friend will always let you borrow it whenever you want, right?
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this classy look! And of course the background! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you lovely ladies so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty metallic look, love this and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg!!! so so divine in white!!!! this is head to toe perfection!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress really is the perfect birthday dress - you look so beautiful in it! Too funny about your friend lending but not gifting the clutch - I don't blame her - it's a beauty :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every one, and do my best to answer questions or return the favor on your blog.