7.29.2014



Wearing //
Chanel bag (jumbo double flap in caviar leather), similar



I went back to school last Thursday night. As a perpetual student, the idea of sitting in a classroom once again excited the hell out of me. I miss college. It's been over four years since I graduated with my Bachelors's degree, and although I keep telling myself I should go back to get my Master's, time has been passing too quickly and I still have yet to apply for grad school. So when I was invited to Rewardstyle's school night in sunny San Diego I was elated to attend and learn more about using social media and other tools to improve the quality of my blog. I met so many lovely ladies! I'm not in touch with San Diego bloggers, as most of my close friendships are with those of you on the east coast and beyond. It was great to touch base and see just how many of us SoCal girls are out there blogging about beauty and style. I even got to meet one of my favorites, Gina from On the Daily Express. I had no clue she lived in SD (I thought she was an OC girl). I'm so thrilled I got to speak with her in person. She's gorgeous by the way, and very sweet and down-to-earth!


Gorjana was the guest speaker, and her beautiful jewelry was on display. I'm definitely going to add a couple of her pieces to my wardrobe. I love her motto of "live, love, layer".

I loved our "school supplies". Everything was so well done! The Gorjana team even gifted us with a gold bangle, which I happily wore all weekend. 



This is my favorite photo of the night. Can you spot me in the front row? I sat next to Jodi, and she is also such a sweet person. 

The event was held at UCSD in La Jolla. Hubby caught this picture of the sunset. 

On a more personal note, I'm very proud of myself for going to my first blogging event. I've written about my anxiety before, but it's been awhile since I touched on it here. My social anxiety often prohibits me from putting myself out there and meeting new people. I even contemplated not going to school night, even though I was fully prepared all week. I almost backed out. My husband was super supportive and wanted me to go no matter what, so he took off from work an hour early and drove me to the event.  He dropped me off and grabbed dinner at one of our favorite Mexican spots while I became a student again. It would have been so easy for me to back out and stay home, but I didn't let my fears get the best of me this time. I'm so glad I just went because I would have regretted it. So...a blogging conference might be next on my list? I'm ready! Sort of.

Have you attended a blog event? They seem addicting!

13 comments:

  1. It can be so hard to put yourself out there and go to events where you don't know anyone - so glad you overcame your anxieties and went!
    Love your polka dots, always such a cute look!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soo jealous of the event but also that top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too kind with your words. :) You are never allowed to get rid of that shirt because it's forever sealed in my mind as YOU. It was so fun to meet in person, and I'm SO glad you overcame your fears to attend. I am not really surprised that you are just as pretty, kind and authentic in person as you are on your blog! It was definitely an intimidating room of lovely ladies, but everyone was very friendly. Great event recap and of course, you automatically layered that bracelet like a pro! It's very you!!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina, you made the night so special! I could have blabbed all night with you!

      Delete
  4. I totally understand your reservation with blogger events, I don't want to do them too often but once in a while they are fun, specially educational ones. Cool you got to meet Gina, I love her. I always hesitated to this top from Express and now I really regret it.

    xo
    ​PinkSole​

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! I am totally with you on he going back to school. I loved college and love learning new things. I also emphasize with you more than you know about the social anxiety. I am a total introvert and new situations the require making conversations with strangers freak me out. Proud of you for going! So fun that you got to meet Gina. She is the best! And I love your outfit. :)

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the support ladies! It's surprising to learn that you girls struggle with anxiety too! I always thought I was quite possibly the only one. So glad to hear I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on going to the event despite your fears! It does make it easier when you meet with people you already *know and love* online LOL - so glad you got to hang out with Gina! I hope we get to meet up someday too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww, so fun you went to the rewardstyle school night! i wish they would have one in oc (i'm an oc girl ;) blogging events are so much fun! are you going to beautycon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, unfortunately :( Are you going? I really want to attend luckyfabb, or rewardstyle's big conference.

      Delete
  9. Noelle it was so wonderful meeting you at Rs School night. I'm glad we both overcame our fears and attended. Hopefully we will bump into each other at the next conference or blogging event.

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice meeting you too! We were the first attendees there ;) I hope we meet again.

      Delete
  10. I love this outfit. And that watch! Adorable.

    aubreenoelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every one, and do my best to answer questions or return the favor on your blog.