Summer is less than a month away which means one thing to me...beach time! We try to live at the beach because Summers are so unbearably hot here. The California coast is much more pleasant then staying inland (and much prettier as well). I guess you can think of it as going to the Hamptons versus staying in the city! To beat the heat, you can bet that these key products will remain in my bag all Summer long.
1) A stylish beach bag is the foundation for looking cute whether at the beach or pool. Mine was purchased last year from Target, but I found more affordable options here, here, and here! As long as it's roomy enough to fit magazines and a towel, I'm good to go. Sequins are a plus ;)
2) I always, always wear sunscreen. I'd honestly rather resemble a ghost these days then risk getting damaged by the sun. I'll be 30 in September if that gives you an idea why. However, I also need a sunscreen that won't clog my pores or make me look like a grease ball. I've been using Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen for years and it's never disappointed. Even hubby likes it and I used to struggle to get him to protect his fair skin. What's great about it is that it's gentle enough to put everywhere, including your face. I often see sunscreens formulated for face or body, but I've never understood why people don't use one product that does it all. This is a holy grail Summer staple for sure.
3) My godfather introduced me to Maui Babe Browning Lotion when I was a teenager visiting him in Hawaii. Now I don't condone skipping the sunscreen in lieu of using a tanning product. Not a good idea. But, I love this applied after sunscreen. That defeats the purpose but I honestly just love the scent! Summer in a bottle. It smells like a combination of brown sugar and coconut. Who wouldn't wanna smell like that? It's also very moisturizing and makes my skin feel as soft as a baby's bum. I always have it in my bag, even if I don't use it for its intended purpose.
4) Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. Because it's pretty, shiny, and the perfect Summer shade without being fussy. You don't even need a mirror to apply it.
5) Then there are accessories. I like a hat to protect my hair and scalp. It's also great for shielding your face. I favor a fedora or Panama style, but I also adore the glamorous old Hollywood style too! And of course, sunglasses are vital. Mine are from Target, but my dream pair is made by Tom Ford. Swoon.
What are your beach bag essentials? Share in the comments!
Linking up with Tara!
Linking up with Tara!