He proposed when we went to vegas for my birthday. I had no clue. After 5 years of (mostly) blissful coupledom, I was quite comfortable with our relationship status. Of course, everyone around us started to get itchy, asking questions about when we were planning on finally making things official. I was getting itchy too.
Apparently, my friends and family are much better secret keepers then I had previously thought. I give them credit! Especially my best friend. We always promised each other that when the time came, we would "steer" our guys into the right direction. Meaning, we would help them go ring shopping! Who knows your taste better then your best girlfriend? Or guyfriend.
So everyone knew that he was planning on proposing and I had no clue. He proposed in the Mirage Casino, right after a fancy dinner in which I didn't eat much because I was in the midst of a panic attack. I know I've mentioned this before, but I suffer from terrible generalized anxiety. I've been struggling with it since I was a little kid. It was pretty severe last year, and when we were eating dinner that night, I had a full-blown melt down at the table. He rubbed my back and tried to relax me as we walked out of the restaurant and made our way to the garden area that stands in the center of the casino. He proposed to settle my nerves I guess :)
It was beautiful. Totally ridiculous in some ways, and definitely a bit awkward. I always envisioned we would be alone. Instead, we had a huge crowd around us as he got down on one knee. I was shaking. He was tearing up. Strangers oohed and ahhed.
It was perfect :)
So...I'm looking forward to reading everyone's story! If you are engaged or married, feel free to share your story in the comments below!
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle revealed two pretty details to spice up her look.
- Ella Pretty - Ella's been fall shopping - check out her haul from H&M, Old Navy & American Eagle
- Lilly's Style - Lilly is loving her new black lace skirt
- Lindsay J Everyday - Lindsay's been loving the peplum trend
- Saltwater Dreams - Andi is sharing some quick fashion bytes, check them out here
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle is loving her new Kate Spade flats
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette is playing around with a new bell skirt as opposed to a straight pencil skirt...baby steps...
- The Currently Obsessed - Mehreen loves mixing pastels!