I try not to make too many resolutions, and I actually will just name these goals instead since that is really what they are. Everybody needs some of those! I decided to not only write these down on paper, but actually type them here on my blog. Maybe then I can be held a little more accountable. I need to be reminded sometimes!
So here are my goals for 2011 in no particular order:
1) I will take more fashion risks. Nothing too outlandish, but enough to push my sensibilities and move my style forward. I think we are always evolving in terms of what we like and what we don't, what we will wear comfortably and what will make us freak out a little in our heads. Just little risks, that's all.
2) I will only buy beauty/hair/and makeup products that I need or absolutely have to have! Hear that, MAC collections? No more shopping just because I can, and more shopping because I actually need something or simply can't live without it!
3) I've fallen off the health and fitness bandwagon and I can't get back on! It's been almost three weeks since I hit the gym and boy am I feelin' it! I will get back to my routine, despite the sore, bruised bum. Starting next week! I was given a Yoga mat for Christmas so I will also try Yoga. And, I will get back to eating lots of fruits, veggies, lean proteins, and whole wheats.
4) I will drink more water.
5) I want to learn more about photography and eventually get a better camera so that I can make this little blog look more professional. So...
6) I will TRY and make this little blog look more professional. No promises though!
7) I will work hard and save for things I really want instead of just dreaming. I'm not simply referring to clothes and cosmetics either. You can have anything with heart and determination.
8) I will continue to improve and sharpen my writing skills. This includes reading more books.
There's more, but I don't want to bore you any longer with this so I digress.
What are your new year's goals?
On another note, I finally won something in a blog giveaway! I don't think I've ever won anything in my life! I was so excited when the gorgeous Carolina of Closet full of nothing announced my name. She is an incredibly stylish blogger and I just adore reading everything she posts. Thank you so much again Carolina ♥
She sent me the sweetest little card along with Chanel's Riva nail polish. My first bottle! It is a pretty robin's egg blue with loads of shimmer.
Lastly, I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my love. He is older, wiser, and more handsome today than the first night we met ;) I never thought it was possible to love someone so much. He's a good one, and I am lucky.
Happy New Years everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful celebration tomorrow night, whether it's with friends out on the town or spent in some warm pajamas with loved ones at home. For the last time in 2010, Thank You for reading.