I've definitely been under the weather the past week. I have barely had the energy to get dressed in the morning and have spent the majority of my time in bed. It's been fun to catch up on t.v., blogs, and YouTube, but I am really looking forward to feeling better and leaving the house! I think I have a head cold, because it started out as a sore throat and now it's all concentrated in my nose. I know, it's gross. Sorry! Anyway, I did manage to look semi normal, albeit not until six in the evening yesterday.
Here are some beauty products I use when I'm not feeling well, but still have to look presentable:
1) A good moisturizer is always a must when feeling sick. The weather here has been cloudy, rainy, and cold so a good facial lotion is a must regardless. But when I'm sick, my skin gets extra dry and flaky. My combination skin turns completely dry! I like Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, because it soaks right in and is moisturizing without feeling too heavy or greasy. I have used this stuff since I was eighteen and I love it even more now than I did then.
2) I usually skip foundation when I'm sick and just use a light tinted moisturizer instead. The one I have used for awhile now is by Korres, and it smells like watermelons! It's the perfect amount of lightweight coverage.
3) A little bit of blush and bronzer to brighten up the complexion is vital. I look extra pale when I get sick, and this ELF blush and bronzer duo has enough sheen and shimmer to make me look a little less like a zombie.
4) Concealer! This is the most important in my opinion. I get really red around my mouth and nose when I'm battling a cold. I use the green tinted concealer in the bottom left corner of this Sonia Kashuk concealer palette to cover the redness. I might sneeze it off, but it's sort of like a security blanket while i'm out in public.
5) EOS lip balm is my savior! My lips have been chapped all week (cuz I can't really breathe through my nose, so I breathe through my mouth). This causes lots of dryness, and lip balm feels so good when you're sick with a cold.
~Honorable Mention~ Any type of eye brightening shadow to enhance the eyes and bring some light to the face. I like All That Glitters, Grand Entrance, or Naked Lunch all by MAC. Just a quick sweep over the entire eye makes a big difference.
This was me forcing a smile last night. I wore everything I mentioned above, plus mascara and eyeliner. A GIANT MISTAKE! A few minutes after this, I started sneezing like crazy and the eyeliner wound up everywhere. So, I suggest skipping liner, especially on the bottom lash line. I'm just a creature of habit, so I lined them anyway but I don't recommend it. Just keep everything clean and simple.
Other under-the-weather must haves: Vitamin C, Water, some type of OTC cold medication to alleviate symptoms, a warm blanket, fashion mags, and if brave enough, a sweet loving BF to cuddle with. Just don't sneeze or cough on him ;) Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be back next week, hopefully feeling back to normal! ♥ Noelle